Interested in original Ranch Riding? ...
... then take a trip to the JKD Horse Ranch!
You will find it nestling among the meadows and fields, in the idyllic landscape of a nature reserve in Schleswig-Holstein, situated between the villages Heidmühlen and Latendorf
- north of Hamburg (about 45 min. by car),
- north-west of the famous Karl May village Bad Segeberg
- (about 20 min. by car) and
- south-west of Neumünster (about 15 min. by car).
On your way you will be accompanied by herons and storks, red deer and raptors and when you get the feeling that your are at land's end then you will enter the street called Littloh 12 and the adventure begins…
It is up to you whether you stroll along the green meadows where horses of different breed graze in perfect harmony or whether you prefer to take a look at the typical American timber house with its nice veranda, the stables and the riding hall.
Here you will find what you need: the indoor riding area, bright and friendly horse-boxes, a salon and a chamber for tack.
A challenge for devoted western riders is the training area right outside the hall showing both natural and colourful hurdles and fences.
Apart from an additional riding area outside, several tether, washing and groom places, open stables and winter paddocks you will also find a big area for a nice barbecue and a camp fire.
On the ranch the heart belongs to the horses:
- about 25 horses (guest and training horses) romp about the 17 hectare wide meadowland
- about 10 training horses of different breed are available for the riding
Western riding – that’s not linked to a specific breed but it’s a specific way of riding!
Mrs. Kirstin Stohl (a trainer with a C-license) gives the riding lessons
- (never more than 3 or 4 adults/children per group!)
- having "pleasure from riding",
- "no pressure" and "security" as her motto.
Lessons for children are given from Monday to Friday at 4 p.m.
Make your reservation now and look forward to a joyful horse riding adventure!
(Special thanks to Sabine Fischer for this great translation!)